Tuesday 24 March 2020

[Review] Holika Holika NuDrop Dewy Stick #01 See Through Peach and NuDrop Lumi Cheek #01 Caramel Lustre

Hi lovelies,

Today I will be reviewing the not so long ago released, Nu Drop Collection from Holika Holika.
I believe from my observation that this line is geared more towards glowy makeup.

So I got only two items because they're quite expens haha
I got the lipstick dewy stick and the blusher. The blusher I was kinda hoping it would be a dupe for
Mac glow blusher but it wasn't really up to par though.

Here we go

First the lipstick

The texture is really nice and creamy. It has a balmy feeling to it.
That's why I thought it wouldn't stay on the lips so much. But I was   w r o n g
Afterwards, I realised that it leaves behind an actual tint but I gather it would disappear after you eat.
Nevertheless, it was nice to know that it has a bit of a staining ability.

I chose the colour because I wanted something that would look very natural
and I'm happy that it did just that. If you have naturally pinkish or reddish lip (lucky you),
this would be just a lip balm for you.
Lip Swatch. My bare lips is actualy paler.
That’s just the lighting tricking me. 😒

There is not much of a fragrance or if there is, it is very faint.

Moving on,
Next is the blusher.

The first thing I noticed, is the fragrance! Smells like soap, really, I kid you not.
If you don't like it, it would be best to stay away. I don't mind it but I know some people
would not like it. It's quite strong yea compared to the lipstick.

I used my fingers to take the product and there were some actual whitish material formed on the blusher, which I assumed is the material that gives you the glow effect.

Applying on the face is pretty easy and the end result is not bad. It gives you a nice healthy glow indeed. You can also use it as a cream highlighter. I used my fingers but you can also use a brush if you like.
I think I applied almost 3 layers.
Look at that glowww
What is highlighter

Pigmentation is not really strong so you need to apply it a few times. But too much might result in tackiness or slimyness (lol) on you face.

The staying power is not very long and easily rubbed off so you can carry this in your purse if you want to touch up. It's quite small so it won't take that much space.

If you want a more pigmented colour, you're welcome to try the other colours but I'm pretty sure there won't be much of a difference.
Swatch
Because we needs.
Full face of both.
Looks earthy.
Mother nature
I got mine through the shopee official store
Both was RM47.60.
They also have some cute watermelon masks. Yes...I like ^-^ I also took it. muahaha
I like it so much that I used it as my background for the pics. Hahaha
They smell great but they don’t have any watermelon motifs on the actual mask which I had hoped.

That's all from me.
I hope you guys enjoyed this review and see you later. ^^

Cheers XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review] COSRx Centella Blemish Ampoule and Blemish Cream

Hi lovelies, June already aye... Lemme me just say, I haven't been going out of the house nor have I been using makeup for the last 3 mo...