Wednesday 12 August 2015

[Review] Chriszen Tear Drop Sponge



Hye lovelies, 


So, since I reviewed the Chriszen Moist Cake yesterday, I thought I should let you guys know about their sponge as well. I also wrote in the review post that I prefer to use this kind of sponge instead of the one they provided. I didn’t want to overload the post with too many pictures so I decided to give it a new one. 




The sponge comes in a really cute box with the sponge peeking through the transparent cover so that it looks like the Russian doll has a pink body. I think the packaging is similar to the one from Etude House since I saw it before (I don’t own one though). 

I drew the smiley face on the picture XD

Unlike the beauty blender, this sponge doesn’t really get bigger if you dampen it and its much more tougher and sturdier when wet as well as when it’s dry. No difference at all. On a video I watched, they said that you don't need to wet it before use but I find that if you don't, its gonna absorb a lot of your product and make it harder to clean. Explains the stain I have right now on the bottom, so I recommend wetting it.


So it's called the teardrop sponge. On the box, "a fine-textured synthetic sponge. It is even more finely textured than the traditional wedges, giving it a velvety texture that is perfect for creating a flawless finish for foundation, blush, self-tanner or other liquid-based products. Clean your sponge using facial cleanser or make up remover, can see how your face stay cleaner, your sponge last longer and your make up look better than ever"

The material is similar to any of the beauty blender dupes out there so if you own one of those then you would know what I’m talking about. If not, then maybe you should try to look it up online. There are plenty of videos and blog posts about them. It says you can clean it with your face cleanser/ makeup remover, I tried and it worked out fine but Chriszen moist cake is pretty hard to get off the sponge. So I used my usual olive oil and dishwashing liquid to remove the product from my sponges. 

 
 As for pricing, it retails for RM16.90 in Malaysia so this is definitely much cheaper than the beauty blender. I know I bought one dupe in UK which cost me about £2, so if you consider the currency exchange, it’s more or less similar. 

There’s also the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which I would like to try one day. I heard it’s a pretty good dupe as well. It’s really hard to find where I stay right now but if you’re living in the UK, you can find it in Superdrug/ Boots retailing for £5.99. 

Hope you guys enjoyed the post
Cheers Jxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review] COSRx Centella Blemish Ampoule and Blemish Cream

Hi lovelies, June already aye... Lemme me just say, I haven't been going out of the house nor have I been using makeup for the last 3 mo...